"The Education System of the Republic of Armenia is an integrity of the state education standards, educational programmes of different levels and directions ensuring education continuity, and education institutions and education management bodies" (RA "Law on Education", Yerevan 1999).
The education system of the Republic covers:
- Complex of the state education standards and educational programmes of different levels and directions ensuring education continuity;
- Network of various types of education institutions implementing those programmes;
- System of education management bodies and their subordinate entities and institutions" (RA "Law on Education", Yerevan, 1999).
The education system of Armenia includes:
- Pre-school education;
- General secondary education comprised of primary, middle level or basic and high school;
- Preliminary vocational, middle level vocational and higher professional education;
- Post-graduate education, specialist training and qualification improvement institutions;
- Education assessment and education services delivering institutions.
A network of private education institutions also operates in the Republic, such as preschool institutions, schools, colleges, and higher education institutions and etc, which, in addition to ensuring the existence of the education services market, make a significant contribution to the development of education system.
Armenian Education System Diagram